Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital, located in Woburn, Massachusetts has an immediate opening for a full-time Veterinary Technician Assistant Supervisor of Surgical Services.
About the Role: The Assistant Technician Supervisor will work with two other supervisors in leading technicians within the Surgery department with a focus on high-quality, comprehensive, accessible, supportive and personalized care for all clients. The Assistant Supervisor is also someone who:
- Assists the Hospital Director in the development of goals and operational criteria for specialty services and tracks progress
- Regularly evaluates patient/client and staff data to support delivery of exceptional patient and client care
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships across the hospital in order to achieve highest level of communication and efficiency
- Consults with clinical staff and client care to assess and articulate any problems; helps to develop strategies to resolve issues, ensuring client needs are met and satisfaction is attained.
- Participates in hiring activities; disciplinary actions; excellence acknowledgements and performance reviews
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting as a Veterinary Technician in surgery is required.
- Ability to perform anesthetic monitoring including intubation/extubation of patients, monitoring patients ASA levels I-IV, and troubleshooting of machines is required.
- Proven leadership experience in a busy team environment is required.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enable long term positive working relationships with colleagues, clients, and community.
- Flexible, cooperative, dependable, responsible, and good time management skills to work in a fast-pace environment that can be challenging at times.
About the Surgery Department: The surgery department is a busy five doctor department specializing in soft tissue, orthopedic and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
About Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital: At Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
Our 36,000 square foot hospital, located 11 miles north of Boston, is home to one of the premier level 1 emergency and specialty centers in New England. The hospital is well equipped including a 1.5 tesla Philips MRI, 64 slice GE CT scanner, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, arthroscopy, laparoscopy, fluoroscopy, parenteral nutrition compounding system, mechanical ventilation, complete on-site diagnostic laboratory, comprehensive surgical facilities, and a dedicated ICU department.
Benefits of Working at Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.