Veterinary Technician Specialist
We Understand Your Passion
VTS compensation starts at $29/hr & we offfer a generous sign- on bonus!
Wisconsin Veterinary Referral Center is hiring a Full- Time Veterinary Technician Specialist (VTS) to join our hospital.
Hospital Departments include: Emergency & Critical Care, Surgery, Physical Rehab & Sports Medicine, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, and Cardiology
Shift Details = 4 / 10 hour weekday shifts each week, no routine weekends shifts, surgical on-call rotation with stipends.
About WVRC: WVRC, Waukesha is recognized as a certified Level 1 Emergency and Critical Care Facility by the Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (VECCS). We have three hospital locations: Waukesha, Racine and Grafton all dedicated to providing patients, clients, and referring veterinarians the highest quality emergency and specialty veterinary medical care. WVRC offers a warm, friendly atmosphere where our main goal is to provide compassionate care to our patients and clients as well as offering outstanding customer service.
Benefits of Working at WVRC:
- Competitive compensation which is based on skill level. Starting at $29/ hr & up for Veterinary Technician Specialists
- Generous benefit packages which include: - Employer Paid Benefit Options - Medical - Dental - Vision - HSA & Flexible Spending Plan Options - Paid Time Off - 401k - Retirement Savings Plan - Uniform Allowance - Veterinary Service Benefits - CE Allowance - Company Paid Life Insurance - Short & Long- Term Disability Options
- Onsite Veterinary Social Worker available to employees & clients
- Extensive training to all new (and existing) employees with our Learning & Development Trainers to advance their skills and career
- Referral Bonuses
- Being a part of a team of elite professionals who prioritize the needs of their patients
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Certification as a Veterinary Technician Specialist
- A strong skill set in restraint, nursing care, anesthesia monitoring, client communications, and medical record keeping
- Ability to lift and restrain patients up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Advocate for patient care
- Self-motivated with a passion for veterinary medicine
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast- paced environment
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.