Ethos Veterinary health is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team in Woburn, MA.
Summary: The Senior Network Engineer leads the Network Operations in network design initiatives, multi-site technology implementations, compliance audits, and advanced operational support across 24 locations in the United States.
- Plans, designs, implements, monitors and maintains the operational health of the local and wide area networks
- Defines, evaluates and approves design and/or configuration changes in a WAN/LAN environment of at least 50 nodes utilizing EIGRP, OSPF and/or BGP routing protocol, s SSL, point-to-point VPN configuration and wireless configuration (Meraki)
- Installs, configures, and supports networking and security equipment (PaloAlto firewalls) from a wide range of industry leading vendors including Cisco, Juniper, and PaloAlto
- Interfaces with other IT leaders as the expert networking resource to assess, recommend, project plan, and implement network solutions in support of business initiatives
- Proactively monitors and reports on overall network service performance and takes action to correct deficiencies in monitoring and controlling the quality of individual network services
- Creates and maintains technical documentation including network design diagrams, operational procedures, knowledgebase documents, disaster recovery plans and training documentation
- Adept at presenting technical designs, solutions, network health and purchase proposals to an audience of varying technical knowledge up to and including the Chief Information Officer
- Acts as the project lead for complex network engineering initiatives
- Participates in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and provides highest level escalation expertise for network operations trouble resolution
Successful candidate’s will have a background that includes:
- BS in Information Technology or related field or equivalent proven working experience in the field
- 7-10 years of network engineering experience with at least 3 years in a senior or lead network engineering role
- CCNA, CCNP, CCNE, CCIE certification strongly preferred
- Extensive VPN management experience (Pulse & PaloAlto)
- Demonstrable experience reading packet sniffer traces and debugging application conversations
- Demonstrable experience troubleshooting bandwidth utilization alarms and recommending solutions
- VoIP configuration and troubleshooting
- Strong vendor negotiation and business relationship skills
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects
- Strong documentation, organizational, and project management skills
- Mentors others, sets the example of others to follow and demonstrates initiative, persistence, and resolve
- Ability to evaluate new technologies and present a compelling business case
About Us: Ethos Veterinary Health is a network of 24 veterinary hospitals throughout the United States with an array of B2B and B2C services aimed at helping other veterinary hospitals and teams provide great care for their patients and clients. Ethos was founded 4 years ago, and we have an expansive view of providing unsurpassed veterinary health care at our hospitals but also through helping other veterinary organizations improve the quality of their care through these services. We are creating a science-focused animal health company that disrupts industry norms and is revolutionizing the veterinary industry.
Benefits of Working at Ethos: Full-time Benefits are: Comprehensive Medical, Dental, 401k Retirement Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Plans, Uniform Allowance, Veterinary Services Benefits, Continuing Education Benefits and Paid Vacation.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.