Ethos Diagnostic Science is looking to add a full-time Laboratory Technician to its growing team in Woburn, MA.
As a Technician in our Diagnostic Laboratory, you will be responsible for:
- Calibrating and running controls on reference quality hematology and chemistry analyzers
- Preparing analyzers for the shift and technical trouble shooting.
- Data entry into the Laboratory Information System and releasing results
- Process all samples submitted for in-house testing including CBCs with manual differential count, biochemistry testing, coagulation panels, urine analysis (including microscopic evaluation), crossmatch testing, coombs testing, blood typing, various serology testing, cytology sample preparation, multiple fecal tests, and preparation of send out tests (e.g.,PCR testing, serology titers, drug screens)
Shifts: 3pm to 12am (3 week night shifts per week) plus one weekend shift 11am to 8pm.
Qualifications: As a qualified candidate for this position you will have:
- 2 years of expereince in re in a diagnostic lab setting as a Veterinary Technician, Med Tech or Lab Tech processing samples and performing advanced testing of specimens.
- CVT or MLT certified or certification eligible, or have a strong history of experience in the veterinary field are preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English as well as outstanding time management skills, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and practical application of basic arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
Physical Demands: This position will require this individual to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day. It also requires this individual to be able to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms on a regular basis.
About our Organization: Mass Vet Referral Hospital is a 24/7 veterinary emergency and specialty hospital. As part of our hospital we have a reference lab that provides services to our 6 hospitals in the New England area.
We are a reference quality commercial lab staffed by experienced technicians with years of experience in veterinary laboratory procedures. Reliable lab results are a key to advanced patient care, and our laboratory accuracy is second to none.
Benefits of Working at Ethos:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
- Consistent scheduling to allow for a work/life balance