MetroWest Veterinary Hospital is looking to hire an Assistant Clinical Supervisor for is 24/7 Emergency and Critical Care Department in Natick, Massachusetts.
The Assistant Clinical Supervisor will help lead the Emergency and Critical Care department with a focus on high-quality, comprehensive, accessible, supportive and personalized care for all clients and patients. Assists Clinical Supervisor with ensuring adequate staffing levels of Technical staff throughout the department in order to provide effective medical services and an optimal client experience.
The Assistant Clinical Supervisor role:
- Participates in identifying and planning for staffing consistent with needs of client population and budgetary parameters.
- Provides input with problem-solving efforts for daily operations.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships throughout the hospital.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, communication and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as the hospital “go to” in accordance with assigned duty schedule.
- Assists with coordinating the required training and skills of staff.
- Collaborates with staff at all levels and departments to streamline delivery of services without compromising care or hospitality.
- Participates in hiring and onboarding of staff and performance reviews.
- Notifies Clinical Supervisor of equipment service needs.
- This role is 90% technical and 10% administrative.
Clinical Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring patients under anesthesia for scoping procedures, soft tissue, and orthopedic surgeries
- Trouble shooting feeding tubes.
- Monitoring blood glucose curves for diabetic patients
- Placing Central Lines
- Chemo therapy - handling patients who are undergoing chemo.
- Advanced medical calculations for blood transfusions
- Advanced laboratory work (i.e. cytology, differentials, platelet counts, cross matching)
- Induction, intubating, monitoring, anesthesia on stable and critical patients.
- Radiology and CT positioning
- Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting (i.e. CT, ray, ultrasound, and surgical equipment).
Shift: will include days throughout the week, including weekend shifts.
About you: As an experienced Vet Tech you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an Emergency Veterinary Hospital setting as a Veterinary Technician.
- Working knowledge of normal patient vitals for awake, sedated, and anesthetized patients
- Proven leadership experience in a busy team environment
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enable long term positive working relationships with colleagues, clients, and community.
- Flexible, cooperative, dependable, responsible, and good time management skills to work in a fast-pace environment that can be highly stressful and sad at times.
About Us: Our Emergency & Critical Care Department has 6 doctors and more than 10 technicians we maintain a busy 7-day a week schedule. MetroWest is a 24/7 emergency and specialty veterinary hospital part of IVG Hospitals network.
Our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We encourage and empower our technicians to utilize their skills, have input into case management and patient care, think critically, work autonomously, further their knowledge and education, and pursue specialty certification if so desired. Our diagnostic tools include ultrasound, digital radiology and a CT scanner.
Benefits of Working at MetroWest
Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance
Working in a team environment where every department works out of a large open treatment area facilitating team work and comradely between department, set schedule to allow for work/life balance.