Peak Veterinary Referral Center in Williston, Vermont, is looking to add a full-time, experienced, anesthesia technician.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Anesthesia Department you will be responsible for:
- Perform anesthetic monitoring including intubation/extubation of patients, monitoring patients ASA levels I-IV, and troubleshooting of machines
- Obtain and prepare various blood samples for diagnostic testing
- Accurately take and process multiple types of radiographs throughout the pre and post operative process
- Assist doctors during patient appointments by providing outstanding client care and education.
- Perform sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout surgical procedures including abdominal explores, cruciate repairs, fracture repairs, thoracotomies, and both laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgeries.
- Knowledge of normal patient vitals for awake, sedated, and anesthetized patients
- Shifts: are primarily days, but flexible to include weekend shifts as needed
- About You: Graduate of accredited AVMA program or equivalent experience. Minimum 2 years’ experience in veterinary anesthesia
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids, and CRIs
- Proficiency in record keeping related to medical procedures including daily treatments administered, patient status, procedures completed, supplies used, and anesthetic records
- Understanding and review of medical records pertinent to patient care
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- CVT, LVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected
About the Surgery Department: The surgery department is a busy five doctor department specializing in soft tissue, orthopedic and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
About the hospital: Peak Veterinary Referral Center is located just outside the vibrant small city of Burlington and within easy reach of Vermont's many outdoor recreational opportunities. Peak opened in April 2011 and joined the Ethos Veterinary Health network in 2016. Peak is the most comprehensive multi-specialty facility serving northern New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire.
We offer referral services in the fields of internal medicine, cardiology, surgery, ophthalmology, oncology, neurology, dermatology, physical rehabilitation, and behavior. Vermont has the highest per capita pet ownership in the country and our clients are well educated and committed to seeking high quality veterinary care.
Benefits of Working at Peak Veterinary Referral Center: Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.