About Veterinary Specialty Hospital:
At VSH our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
About the Job:
Due to the growing demand in our surgery department we are seeking surgery and anesthesia specialized technicians to join our team. We are seeking motivated individuals that can effectively communicate with clients and colleagues in a thriving, collegial work environment. We would love to hear from those who share our belief in being empathetic, client-focused and trustworthy. Our success in providing a remarkable work environment resides in the people we hire. Our hospital is well established within our community and our focus on delivering exceptional client service provides the backbone of a hospitable, collaborative culture that fosters teamwork and camaraderie. Our exciting surgery department has five full time board certified surgeons who specialize in orthopedic, soft tissue, emergency, and minimally invasive procedures. The technicians work closely with our board certified anesthesiologist to develop and execute multimodal anesthetic protocols for patients of all ASA levels. In addition to utilizing many general technical skills, technicians in the surgery department are able to develop and use a wide variety of advanced surgical skills such as central and arterial line placement, nerve blocks, CRI calculation, surgical assisting during orthopedic and soft tissue procedures, epidural injections and epidural catheter placement.
Applicants should be interested in or eligible to sit for their respective VTS exam, actively pursuing their VTS, or current anesthesia and analgesia or surgical VTS
As a Surgery Technician you will be responsible for:
- Solid technical skills and anesthesia knowledge base, sound judgment, and the ability to function both independently and with a team are required
- Venipuncture; IV catheter placement; medication calculations and administration; digital radiography; patient prep and recovery; anesthesia monitoring for a variety of anesthetized procedures including endoscopy, CT, soft tissue surgeries, orthopedic surgeries and laparoscopic procedures.
- Able to efficiently work in a fast paced environment mainly on (but not limited to) the surgical floor and in operating rooms
- Performing sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout surgical procedures including abdominal explores, cruciate repairs, fracture repairs, thoracotomies, and both laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgeries.
- Advocating for the patient, providing exceptional comfort, diagnostic, surgical, and nursing care to all patients
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications
4,10-hour shifts between Monday – Friday. Schedule TBD
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in the veterinary field with anesthesia experience a must
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written; organizational skills; proactive thinking and a positive attitude are a must
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids, and CRIs
- Proficiency in record keeping related to medical procedures including daily treatments administered, patient status, procedures completed, supplies used, and anesthetic records
- Able to review and understand medical records pertinent to patient care
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- CVT, LVT, RVT, or VTS
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and a commitment to developing long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in stressful situations
- Compensation is based on experience and skill assessment.
- Full-time benefits include pet insurance, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, and uniforms
- Generous CE allowance, including access to an enormous online library of resources