Mass Vet Referral Hospital is looking for a full-time Veterinary Technician for our Emergency and Critical Care Department.
About Mass Vet Referral Hospital: At Mass Vet our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Emergency and Critical Care department you will be responsible for:
- Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout their visit
- Partnering with DVM’s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient assessment
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Minimum of 2 year of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- CVT, LVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
Benefits of Working at Mass Vet:
Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.