Assistant Clinical Supervisor
Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking to hire a full-time Assistant Clinical Supervisor to join its Emergency and Critical Care Team, in Portsmouth, NH.
About the role
As an Assistant Clinical Supervisor for Emergency and Critical Care, you will be responsible for, assisting in leading the clinical and administrative teams for assigned departments with a focus on high-quality, comprehensive, accessible, supportive and personalized care for all clients.
Ensures adequate staffing levels of DVMs and support staff across designated departments to provide effective medical services and an optimal client experience.
- Assists the ER & ICU Supervisor in the development of goals and operational criteria for assigned areas. Tracks progress.
- Assists with identifying and planning for staffing consistent with needs of client population and budgetary parameters. Assists with monitoring and approving payroll for assigned areas.
- Understands workflow of each department.
- Regularly evaluates patient/client and staff data to support delivery of exceptional patient and client care.
- Provides input with problem-solving efforts for daily operations.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships across the hospital.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members. Clear ability to get along.
- Promotes and monitors client service/hospitality expectations and delivery.
- Advocates satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Facilitates open channels of communication with managers, peers and staff.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance.
- Assists with coordinating interdepartmental functioning to achieve highest level of communication and efficiency.
- Serves as the hospital “go to” in accordance with assigned duty schedule. (Hospital policy requires a knowledgeable and responsible individual 24/7, covering all departments.)
- Assists with coordinating the required training and skills of staff
- Collaborates with staff at all levels and departments to streamline delivery of services without compromising care or hospitality.
- Consults with clinical staff and client care to assess and articulate any problems; helps to develop strategies to resolve issues, ensuring client needs are met and satisfaction is attained.
- Participates in hiring activities; disciplinary actions; excellence acknowledgements and performance reviews.
- Advises HSM or Hospital Director of equipment service needs.
- College or technical school education or equivalent work experience
- Technical credibility related to specialized expertise (call center, veterinary technician, client service, inventory, etc.)
- Demonstrate effective leadership qualities
- Must have mathematical abilities to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication division and proportions to practical situations
- Demonstrate analytic abilities to identify and analyze problems, weighs relevance and accuracy of information to provide effective solutions
Our Mission is to advance the Veterinary profession through our Leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion on the human animal bond. We strive to bring together warm, caring and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
Benefits of working at Port City:
- This is an opportunity to work in a well-established practice that focuses on the special bond between the humans and animals. Compensation is based on experience and skill level
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Paid time off, Uniforms and a generous CE allowance.