Peak Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking to add a full-time Sterile Processing Technician to its growing team in Williston, Vermont.
About the Role: The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe surgical department. The Technician is involved in all activities related to:
- Preparation of surgical suites for upcoming surgeries and cleaning suites after surgical procedures
- Cleaning and preparing surgical instruments using gas and steam sterilization techniques
- Properly setting up and running sterilization equipment (gas and steam)
- Maintaining par levels of equipment and supplies for surgical suites
- Performing daily, weekly, and monthly chores and maintenance of equipment
- Maintaining client and patient confidentiality
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required
- 1-3 years of sterile process or operating room experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow all protocols
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Prior experience as a surgical services apprentice, surgical services craftsman, surgical services helper, surgical services journeyman, or surgical services specialist will be considered
About Peak Veterinary Referral Hospital:
Peak Veterinary Referral Center is located in Williston, Vermont, immediately outside the City of Burlington. The Center opened in April 2011 and is the most comprehensive multi-specialty facility serving northern New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire. We offer referral services in the fields of internal medicine, cardiology, surgery, ophthalmology, oncology, neurology, dermatology, physical rehabilitation, and behavior. Vermont has the highest per capita pet ownership in the country and our clients are well educated and committed to seeking high quality veterinary care.
Benefits of Working at Peak:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.