Bulger Veterinary Hospital is looking for a full-time Veterinary Ophthalmology Technician to join our team.
About the Job: As an Ophthalmology Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Managing clients throughout their visit, providing outstanding client care service to maintain long term relationship with clients
- Obtaining histories and performing a complete ophthalmic exam
- Partnering with DVMs in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments and procedures
- Client Call backs
- Working with other departments to meet client/patient needs
- This is a Full-time position of 36 hours and will include days and a weekend shift in the Emergency Department. The schedule will also include 3 Holiday shifts in the Emergency Department.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a Veterinary Hospital setting is required
- Anesthesia/Sedation monitoring experience is required
- CVT, LVT or VTS is preferred, Candidates with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology or equivalent work experience will be considered
- Ability to self-motivate in a high energy, fast pace single doctor department
- Flexible, dependable, responsible and possesses good multitasking and time management skills
- Maintain a positive outlook and the ability to work well with colleagues, clients and the community
Bulger is a full-service Hospital that offers comprehensive care that include General Practice from 7a to 9p, 24-hour Emergency Care Service and Specialty Medicine in the areas of Ophthalmology, Surgery, Internal Medicine and Cardiology.
Our Mission is to advance the Veterinary profession through our Leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion on the human animal bond. We strive to bring together warm, caring and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
Benefits of working at Bulger:
- This is an opportunity to work in a well-established department that focuses on the special bond between the humans and animals. Compensation is based on experience and skill level
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Paid time off, Uniforms and a generous CE allowance.