Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital by Ethos is looking to add a Veterinary Technician to its busy Oncology team in Portsmouth, NH.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Oncology department you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing appointments and managing clients throughout their visit.
- Participating with DVM's in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures.
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient and procedural assessment.
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events.
- Providing empathy, comfort, and unparalleled nursing care to all patients being a strong patient advocate during the patient's hospitalization.
- Maintaining all equipment on a per-use basis ensuring the safety and best practice care of all patients
- Advanced knowledge along with preparation and administration of various chemotherapeutic agents
- Providing extensive client communication and education on various oncology disease processes.
The full time position will be 40 hours per week, consisting of 4 ten hour shifts. One weekend shift per week is a requirement of all technicians.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting is required; CVT, LVT, or VTS preferred but not required. Proficiency with seamless venipuncture required.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enable long term positive working relationships with colleagues, clients, and community.
- Works well independently and in a team environment; leading by example and holding oneself accountable for quality medicine and customer service.
- Flexible, cooperative, dependable, responsible, and good time management skills to work in a fast-pace environment that can be highly stressful and sad at times.
About Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital: As a member of the IVG network, our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We encourage and empower our technicians to utilize their skills, have input into case management and patient care, think critically, work autonomously, further their knowledge and education, and pursue specialty certification if so desired.
Benefits of Working at Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital:
- Compensation based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401k, profit sharing, Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, generous CE allowance, complementary admission to internal continuing education events, and a veterinary discount.
- Ability to cross train in other specialty departments such as Internal Medicine, ER/ICU, Surgery, Ophthalmology, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Radiology.
- Working in a team environment where every department works out of a large open treatment area facilitating team work and comradely between departments.
- Consistent scheduling to allow for a work/life balance.