Mass Vet Referral Hospital is seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician Concierge to join our busy surgery department in Woburn, MA.
The Surgery Client Concierge is responsible for answering client questions related to patient care and surgical procedures over the phone. This position requires an experienced Veterinary Technician to appropriately and accurately respond to a client and pet health questions. Working closely with the surgical teams, the Surgery Client Care Concierge is a liaison between the client and the surgery team.
Provides exceptional service and communication to surgery clients and referring veterinarians, primarily by phone. This person serves as the primary, non-medical communication conduit and coordinator between departments to ensure a seamless client experience.
The Client Concierge ensures that the Pet Owner’s experience is exceptional throughout the appointment process in partnership with the medical, client care, and call center teams. This person serves as the primary, non-medical coordinator between departments to ensure a seamless interdepartmental visit and provides fluid information of next steps in the appointment process.
- The Client Concierge assists with financial processing and answers any general questions that may arise during the visit.
- Prepare and review documents and medical records accurately and completely to ensure a smooth check-out process for clients
- Admit and discharge pets from appointments and services and schedule follow-ups as needed
- Accurately update and maintain client/pet records and files in accordance with IVG and legal requirements
- Consistently monitor the progress of the pet from check-in to check-out and provide ongoing communication to the client and interdepartmental teams, keeping everyone aware of all activities including the pet’s location, treatment provided, changes in cost, and next steps.
- Manage the appointment schedule for each day and review upcoming appointments for the week in advance of the clients’ visit.
- Assist clinical team with follow-up activities including follow up calls and post-appointment tasks.
About You: Minimum of 2 year of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting required.
- Recent graduates with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required, Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required.
- CVT, LVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected
- Must possess high ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize effectively.
- Mathematical abilities to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and proportions to practical situations.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from technical staff, doctors, managers and clients.
- Fundamental working knowledge of windows based programs including word processing, data entry, email systems and Internet.
- Previous experience as a client service representative, customer service representative, or patient coordinator will be considered.
Benefits of Working at Mass Vet: Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.