Bulger Veterinary Hospital is looking to hire a full-time General Practice Veterinary Technician to its team in North Andover, Massachusetts.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the General Practice department you will be responsible for:
- Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout their visit
- Partnering with DVM’s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures, and catheter placement
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of radiology imaging for patient assessment
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Providing outstanding client care in order to maintain long-term relationship with clients
Shift: This position will include morning and mid-shifts, weekend duties are required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting required. Candidates with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- CVT, LVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
About Bulger Animal Hospital: Bulger is a full-service hospital that offers comprehensive care that includes wellness, 24-hour emergency services, and specialty medicine in the areas of Ophthalmology, Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Cardiology. Our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
Benefits of Working at Bulger Veterinary Hospital:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.