Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking to add a full-time Dermatology Veterinary Technician as we add a Dermatology service to the thriving team in Woburn, Massachusetts.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Dermatology department you will be responsible to:
- Perform anesthetic monitoring including intubation/extubation of patients, monitoring vitals, and troubleshooting of machines
- Obtain and prepare various blood samples for diagnostic testing
- Obtain skin scraping samples for diagnostic testing
- Participate in endoscopic procedures, including obtaining biopsy specimens and maintaining equipment
- Assist during allergy testing procedures
- Provide comfort, diagnostic, and nursing care to all patients
- Provide extensive client education on common Dermatology issues (i.e. allergies, fungal infections, chronic otitis).
Shifts are primarily weekdays, but flexible to include weekend shifts as needed
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting as a Technician required. Recent graduates with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered
- Experience with anesthesia preferred but not required
- Highly empathetic and great hospitality abilities to deal with stressful and sometimes sad cases with owners.
- Dermatology experience preferred but not required.
About Mass Vet: Our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We encourage and empower our technicians to utilize their skills, have input into case management and patient care, think critically, work autonomously, further their knowledge and education, and pursue specialty certification if so desired.
Benefits of Working at Mass Vet:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
- Consistent scheduling to allow for a work/life balance