Emergency Technician Assistant
Premier Veterinary Group is an energetic, multi-disciplinary emergency/specialty referral practice with locations in Chicago, Crestwood, Grayslake and Kane County, IL. We are looking for a motivated, highly trained veterinary assistant that is seeking a challenging position dedicated to quality patient care for our Chicago location. Ideal candidate will be willing and able to function as an assistant within our emergency team.
Promote company vision, mission statement and purpose. Plays a positive and active role in fostering team relationships, leads by example and communicates effectively. Must be flexible, cooperative, dependable, responsible, and have good time-management skills. This position requires you to be self motivated and be able to differentiate between major and minor issues as they relate to clients and patients. Candidate must be flexible with scheduling and be able to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Experience is highly preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, healthy environment for the patients, clients and staff
- Responsible for maintaining a stocked hospital
- Responsible for assisting the doctors and technicians when needed with both inpatients and outpatients
- Prepare patients for procedures (clipping, scrubbing, positioning on table, connecting to monitoring equipment, etc).
- Maintain equipment and inventory, including cleaning, wrapping, sterilizing and organizing.
- Proper handling, completion of paperwork, and submission of laboratory samples.
- Produce quality radiographs safely and efficiently.
- Assist and restrain patients for special procedures and chemotherapy treatments.
- Willingness and ability to work with a rotating staff of nurses, surgeons, and other clinicians.
- All other duties and responsibilities of a technician assistant
- Proper animal handling and restraint
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and abbreviations
- Work well under pressure and during high levels of stress
- Excellent communication skills
- Exhibit compassion
- Flexible work hours
- Works well individually and in a team setting
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds